A notice to our families
Information on Funerals and COVID-19
The health and safety of our guest and employees is our top priority.
We want to assure you that the Pearson’s team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements, along with Kentucky Department of Health Services, regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and our local health departments.
- All funeral services are limited to the 50% of our building occupancy capacity; excluding officiants, clergy, and staff, while maintaining social distance of six (6) feet for attendees, mask mandatory for visitation and service.
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean our chapel, lounges, and restrooms before and after each service with particular attention paid to high touch items like knobs, faucets, chairs and other communal areas.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded multiple times a day that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed in our meeting/arrangement rooms.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you consider avoiding shaking hands or physical contact with the members of the family or other guests.
Direct Eye Contact, Loving Words, and a Warm Smile can be as meaningful to the families as a traditional handshake or hug, especially during these difficult times.
- We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries refrain from visiting the funeral home at this time.
For those who refrain from coming you are welcome to leave messages for the family on our website – www.pearsonfuneralhome.com
If you have any questions about the funeral home operations, please feel free to contact our management team through [email protected]